- The Election Committee will affix mailing labels to the candidate's mailings at a flat rate 'charge of $.175 per member maiIing list.
- If a candidate chooses to use their own volunteers to affix mailing labels to mailings (which must take place at the Long Island Area Local Union Hall and at the time and date of the Election Committee's discretion), there will be a flat rate charge of $100 per member mailing list. At least two committee members will be present to supervise the affixing of the mailings labels.
- Candidates will not have access to the union hall for the stuffing of any campaign mailings.
- Candidates must submit to the election committee how they want their names to appear on the ballots and on the official Local Web-Site.
- Any candidate who has any question concerning the election may submit them (in writing) to the Election Committee.
- The Election Committee may modify these rules concerning the election process up until February 12, 2019. All candidates will be advised of any changes.
- Ballots will be counted in the basement of the Union Hall on March 18, 2019 starting at 11:00 AM.
- AlI properly returned ballots will be checked off and counted as per Local Dues Check Off (DCO) dated January 18, 2019 /PP 02-19.
- There will be a notice posted on the Local Official Web-Site requesting that Shop Stewards/Members post any political information concerning Local Election 2019 on Union Bulletin boards.
These rules have been reviewed and agreed upon by the following Committee Members: Debbie Alanis, Bay Shore, Josephine Bruck, Mille Neck, Terry Hooks, Amagansett.
LONG ISLAND NY AREA LOCAL
AMERICAN POSTAL WORKERS UNION AFL-CIO
300 Eastern Parkway • Farmingdale, N.Y. 11735 Telephone: (516) 694-APWU
LOCAL ELECTIONS 2019
THE ONLY LOCAL POSITION BEING CONTESTED IS AREA REPRESENTATIVE, NASSAU SOUTH.
YOU WILL BE RECEIVING CAMPAIGN LITERATURE FROM BOTH CANDIDATES AND FROM PEOPLE THAT ARE SUPPORTING THEM.
TO ENSURE A FAIR AND EQUITABLE ELECTION ALL CAMPAIGN LITERATURE RECEIVED MUST BE POSTED ON UNION BULLETIN BOARDS. ALL OTHER RULES AND ELECTION INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED ON OUR
LOCAL WEB-SITE - LONGISLANDAREALOCAL.ORG
BALLOTS WILL BE MAILED OUT MARCH BY MARCH 1, 2019. BALLOTS MUST BE RETURNED BY 10:00 AM, MARCH 18, 2019. ELECTION COMMITTEE WILL PICK UP BALLOTS AFTER 10:00 AM, MARCH 18, 2019.
ANY MEMBER NOT RECEIVING A BALLOT BY MARCH 7, 2019 CAN CONTACT THE UNION HALL@ 516 694-2798 FOR A DUPLICATE BALLOT!!!
PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE - IT'S IMPORTANT
THE 2019 ELECTION COMMITTEE